1) Remove Seat: A long Phillip's head screwdriver will remove the bolt at the rear of the seat. The trunk will be need to be open to access the rear of the seat. Remove bolt and lift the rear of that seat to remove it. There is no need to remove either side cover.
2) Attach pigtail with connector and 5 wires: (Pigtail is a 5 pin connector with 5 unterminated wires) Pigtail
extends between body of motorcycle and left side, extending into the area under the seat. The connector should be positioned to hang approximately 5 inches from the deck. Dress cable under side cover. Secure the cable under the seat with tie wraps provided.
3) Crimp the Ring terminal to the Pigtail white wire and install under bolt on battery ground terminal. Dress along rear of battery compartment and tie wrap.
4) Locate connector with brown, orange, purple and blue wires.
4a) Any of these four wires can be used to connect with the brown wire from the pigtail using the tapping blue scotch connector (3M P/N 804) . This will be the running lights.
5) Locate wires running into rear fender. These will run through two connectors.
5a) Using wire tapping blue scotch connector (3MP/N 804), tap into purple wire with yellow wire from pigtail. This will be Left turn signal.
5b) Using wire tapping blue connector, tap into brown wire with green wire from pigtail. This will be Right turn signal.
5c) Using wire tapping blue connector, tap into red wire w/white stripe with blue wire from pigtail. This will be the brake light.
6) If you have a voltmeter or test light, you can now test at the connector. Using the bare pin as the ground connection, the signals should be in the following order:
6a) Running lights
6b) Left turn signal
6c) Right turn signal
6d) Brake light
7) Secure wires to Motorcycle using tie wraps.
8) Replace seats and right side cover.
Help is just a phone call away. 352-567-2900