1) Remove Seat: Allen bolts at the 2 back sections of the seats need to be removed and
seats pulled back and out.
2) Attach pigtail with connector and 5 wires: (Pigtail is a 5 pin connector with 5 unterminated wires) Pigtail
extends between body of motorcycle and left side cargo box. The connector should be positioned to hang approximately 5 inches from deck. Secure the cable under the seat with tie
wraps provided. Be careful to avoid any exhaust pipes or parts that move.
3) Crimp the Ring terminal to the Pigtail white wire and find a grounded bolt or nut that will accept the terminal. Secure the terminal under the bolt or nut.
4) There is a connector in line with the cable to the rear lights. Locate it and strip back the cover on the wires on each side of the connector. This is to provide access for using the tapping connectors.
4a) Locate wire to marker light (taillight) bulb socket. It will be a red wire and will have +12 Volts on it when the key is turned to the ON position. Using wire tapping blue connector (3M P/N 804), tap into wire with Brown wire from pigtail.
4b) Locate wire to Left turn signal. It will be the green wire and will have an intermittent +12 Volts on it in time with the rear signal when the Left Turn is selected. Using wire tapping blue connector, tap into with Brown wire from pigtail.
4c) Locate wire to Right turn signal. It will be the white wire and will have an intermittent +12 Volts on it in time with the rear signal when the Right Turn is selected. Using wire tapping blue connector, tap into with green wire from pigtail.
4d) Locate wire to brake lights. It will be the blue wire and will have +12 Volts on it in when the brake is applied. Using wire tapping blue connector, tap into with blue wire from pigtail.
Marker light wire (Red to Pigtail Brown)
Left turn wire (Green to Pigtail Yellow)
Right turn wire (White to Pigtail Green)
Brake wire (Blue to Pigtail Blue)
5) Secure wires to Motorcycle using tie wraps.
6) Replace seats.
Help is just a phone call away. 352-567-2900